The Corner Pocket enhances student well-being by providing a social hub where students come to relax, study, and engage with peers, faculty, and staff. Corner Pocket engages student organizations and on-and off-campus partners to host various students and staff-related events. The Corner Pocket strives to provide comfortable social spaces, promote high-energy friendly competition, demonstrate superior customer service, and provide creative programs and event support.
Corner Pocket is a place where the Mason community can gather to relax and have fun together. Challenge your roommate to a foosball game, play your favorite video game with your professor, or bring a date to play pool. Corner Pocket has something for everyone.
Your organization can also reserve the Corner Pocket for your next event or gathering!
Spring 2017 Hours of Operation
Open Daily 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
The Corner Pocket closes during academic breaks and may be closed to the general public during certain reserved events.
Corner Pocket Games & Activities
|Billiards||$5 per hour|
|Table Tennis||$3 per hour|
|Foosball||$3 per hour|
|Air Hockey||$3 per hour|
|Corn hole||$3 per hour|
|Volleyball||$5 per hour|
|Disc golf||$5 per hour|
|Skeeball||$1 per play|
|Basketball||$1 per play|
|Popcorn with seasoning||$1 per bag|
*Note: Players are charged in 15 minute increments
Reserving the Corner Pocket
|Mason Student Organizations and Departments||Before 6:00 pm – $45 per hour
After 6:00 pm – $60 per hour
|Mason Affiliates||Before 6:00 pm – $90 per hour
After 6:00 pm – $120 per hour
|External Organizations (Corner Pocket game room and patio)||Before 6:00 pm – $200 per hour
After 6:00 pm – $250 per hour
|External Organizations (Side Pocket)||$100 per hour|
|For Private Events (game room, patio, and side pocket)||$750 flat fee for 3 hours|
Please note: An Open Event rate means that your party is happening during regular play hours. A Private Event means that the CP is open only to your group for your exclusive use.
Corner Pocket Club Membership
Is Corner Pocket your favorite place to go to unwind in between classes? Do you spend a lot of time beating friends at pool or increasing your high score in skeeball? Consider becoming a member of the Corner Pocket Club!
Why Should I Join?
Joining the Corner Pocket Club gives you a lot of benefits! Club members get…
- Daily free play: Members can play games up to one hour per day every day for free! Players get access to their free play once a day. Games eligible for one hour of free play are board games, air hockey, table tennis, and billiards. First come first served when using equipment.
- Daily happy hour: Members can get 8 FREE tokens for basketball or skeeball everyday between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
- Daily free popcorn: Every day, each member can receive one FREE bag of popcorn!
- Free tournament entry: Members do not have to pay the entry free for any tournaments held throughout the semester.
- Notice of events/promotions: Each member is added to our mailing list and will have notifications of upcoming Corner Pocket events sent to their email!
- Daily discounts: Club members are eligible to earn Corner Pocket’s daily discounts and specials!
- CP Club Birthday Package: During their birthday month, members can have their birthday party at Corner Pocket! Members will have free access to two reserved pool tables, two reserved table tennis tables, and video games, board games, air hockey, and foosball for up to two hours. Learn more.
How Do I Join?
Ready to become part of the club? First, decide what kind of membership you’d like to purchase:
- Semester membership: $125
- Month-long membership: $30
Then, visit the Corner Pocket in the Hub to sign up for a membership!
Also check out #masoncp to see who’s talking about the Corner Pocket!