Lockers allow students and faculty to keep their items safe as they attend classes, visit with friends, and eat.
Currently enrolled GMU students and faculty may rent lockers for a semester-long period and either return their locker at the end of their rental period or renew it for an additional semester.
Lockers are 13 inches wide by 35 inches tall by 11 inches deep. Locker sizes do not vary by location.
If you have questions about the locker rental process or have a problem with your locker, contact Student Centers at (703) 993-2921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RATES PER SEMESTER
$30 – Top Locker
$20 – Bottom Locker
Discount rates available for Summer and Fall and Spring Combo Rentals
Mason Money and Cash options are only available in-person
- Students and faculty may share lockers, but ONLY the person to whom the locker is assigned can come to the office and get a copy of their combination, retrieve items left inside the locker, and get other locker assistance. Students can only request assistance for lockers registered in their name. Student Centers recommends that to best ensure the security of your locker and locker contents, you only use the locker for yourself and do not share the combination with anyone.
- No refunds can be given for locker purchases, even if a student leaves Mason before the end of his or her rental period.
- Once a locker is purchased, it cannot be exchanged for another unless the purchased locker is malfunctioning. If you find that the locker you purchased is malfunctioning, contact Student centers as soon as possible so that we may get this issue resolved quickly.
- Students and faculty can purchase more than one locker per semester if they wish, but each locker will cost the respective fee listed above, even if purchased at the same time and/or within the same semester.
- Student Centers will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of locker contents while inside of a reserved locker. This includes items damaged or lost due to break-ins or theft. Valuables left in your locker are left at your own risk. To better ensure the security of your items, do not share your combination with anyone.
- No illegal substances, weapons, or other prohibited, offensive, or dangerous materials are to be placed in locker. Given reasonable cause, Student Centers reserves the right to open and inspect lockers without notice to the student.
- Damage to the lock or locker during your rental period will result in the loss of future locker privileges.
- Please bring any locker problems to the attention of Student Centers immediately by emailing email@example.com or (703) 993-2921
- Failure to abide by these conditions will result in the loss of locker privileges without refund of fees.
Student Centers lockers use a secure combination lock. Combinations will be given to students upon purchase of a locker, and the combinations for all unreserved lockers are changed every semester.
To open your locker:
- Spin the combination lock a few times to the left and right to clear it.
- Spin the combination to the right to your first number.
- Spin the combination to the left and pass your first number before stopping on your second number.
- Spin the combination to the right to your third number.
- Pull the lever toward you to open your locker.
If you forget your locker combination, you can log into LockerGM and click "combination" under My Rentals on your home page. For instructions on how to operate LockerGM, click here. You can also come to the Student Centers office with your Mason ID to retrieve your combination. Student Centers cannot give you your combination over the phone or without presenting your Mason ID.
Students and faculty who do not renew their locker must empty their locker of all items no later than five business days after the date listed on their locker rental receipt. After that date, Student Centers staff check the lockers for damages, collect any items left inside, and change the locker combinations of any lockers that have not been renewed.
Students and faculty must renew their locker no later than five business days prior to the end of their rental period. Lockers can be renewed either through LockerGM or in person. Students and faculty must pay the aforementioned fee to renew their locker for the following semester. Students and faculty who renew their locker keep the same combination and maintain access to their locker through to the end of the following semester.
Retrieving Items Left Inside Lockers
If you leave items in your locker after your rental period ends, bring your Mason ID to the Student Centers Administrative Office (Johnson Center Suite 324) to claim your items. They will contact you when your items are available to be picked up.
You MUST come to the office in person with your Mason ID to retrieve your items. Student Centers cannot take requests to retrieve lost items over the phone or without a Mason ID.
For health reasons, Student Centers staff cannot keep any clothing or food items left inside un-renewed lockers at the end of the semester and these items will be discarded immediately if found.
Student Centers will keep locker items in storage for a maximum of 30 days into the next academic semester before discarding the items. After the 30 day holding period, some items may be delivered to the University Lost and Found if they are estimated to be of high value (such as wallets or jewelry). Once an item has been turned over to Lost and Found, the owner should contact them directly at (703) 993-2975 or firstname.lastname@example.org