While the Patriots are away, Student Centers is busy repairing, replacing, and refurbishing many of the places you regularly visit.
We have replaced the floor in The Hub ballroom at a cost of about $37,000. Work should finish up there about January 10. Until that time, the ballrooms will be locked.
We are also replacing almost all of the discolored, damaged, and missing ceiling tiles in the Johnson Center. We started with George’s and will be expanding replacement throughout. The tile replacement will continue until May, which may cause some inconvenience if you have an office there. But the result will be worth it.
Other projects that that are either underway, or already completed, include:
- Painting in meeting rooms 3A and 3B in SUB I
- Paint touch up in meeting rooms A through G in the Johnson Center
- Paint touch up Dance Studios in the JC
- Paint touch up Gold Room
- Paint touch up Dewberry Hall/George’s in the JC
- Install new lighting in the Bistro on JC ground floor
- Install Dewberry Hall room partition
- Painting touch up in all Hub meeting rooms
- Replace a major water valve in the JC
- Relocate loading dock equipment in the JC
- Refurbish the west side planter over the JC loading dock
- Replace a kitchen hood in the Bistro
- Replace glass door in the Bistro (tentative)
- Repair the Bistro drain floor (tentative)
Also, during Winter Break, The Print Hub is relocating from the JC to The Hub (lower level).