Location: Johnson Center room G10; various event venues on Fairfax campus
Schedule: Varies based on event reservations, but event technicians primarily work nights and weekends.
Hours: 12 – 20 hours per week
- Deliver and set up all sound and lighting equipment prior to the event
- Operate and troubleshoot technical equipment during the event
- Take down all equipment after event completion and return to proper storage areas
Event Support Assistant
Location: Johnson Center room G10; various event venues
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 7am – 12 midnight (Friday – Saturday 7am – 1:30am during summer and holidays);
Hours: 10 – 20 hours per week
Event Support Assistants are responsible for…
- Monitoring Student Centers building operations
- Setting up and breaking down event spaces
- Troubleshooting technology issues
- Provide “day of” support for events taking place in Student Centers-supported buildings
- Working well in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibiting the can-do attitude required for customer-oriented events management.
Student Centers Marketing & Communications Assistant
The Marketing and Communications Assistant supports the marketing needs of the department.
Location: SUB I
Schedule: According to weekly shifts.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
- Collaborate with the Visual Marketing Coordinator and Corner Pocket Marketing Coordinator to develop and design concepts to promote events and services offered by Student Centers, Event Services, and the Corner Pocket Game Room
- Assist the Marketing Team in managing the Student Centers website, social media updates, and branding
- Serve as public relations representative, for events such as Admission Open Houses, Green & Gold Showcase, and shopMason
- Document our events through still and video photography
(Candidate must possess some level of skill in the Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and HTML. Videography and/or photography skills are a plus)