Student Centers is a team of undergraduate and graduate students, part-time and full time staff dedicated to building, developing and enriching environments of George Mason. Our teams are in charge of the upkeep of Student Centers facilities, equipment, meeting/event support, and other services while adhering to university policies. We hire about 60-80 students per year to accomplish our goals.
The Marketing Assistant (MA) for The Marketing Unit of Student Centers is a 10-15 hour per week position within the Student Centers, which is housed in the Division of Auxiliary Enterprises at George Mason University.
The MA is responsible for working on a variety of marketing and communication projects, which serve the needs of Student Centers activities.
Skills involve graphic design capability, ranging from simple flyers and signage to more complicated layout and custom projects. The candidate should be proficient in journalistic style writing and social media. A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) and knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress is a plus. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with the particulars of both web restrictions (i.e., lightweight graphics, color) and print design and production (i.e., registration, traps, bleeds, bindery, paper stocks).
Additional requirements include:
- Must be a full time student on George Mason University.
- Work availability must be between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (We will work with the candidate’s class schedule. Mornings preferred but not mandatory.)
- Availability and willingness to work during some school breaks (October, January, March) and potentially during the summer months
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow direction, and take initiative
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology issues
- Familiarity with the Apple Macintosh platform and the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with the processes of video production and photography
A member of the Student Centers team, the MA reports to the Manager, Communications and Marketing and works collaboratively with other student staff. The MA is expected to become familiar with the university’s branding guidelines and work within them. This position is located in the Student Union I building.
Preferred majors include (but not limited to) Business (Marketing), Art, Communications, Advertising, etc.
TO APPLY, GO TO HIREMASON and look for ID 141479. Then, submit your resume and cover letter.