Corner Pocket Reservation Policies
Reservation DepositExternal users or Mason Affiliates booking the Corner Pocket for an event are required to pay a non-refundable deposit. A reservation deposit in the amount 25% of the total rental invoice due ten business days prior to the start of your event. On the day of your event, the final amount on your invoice is due prior to the start of your event. If no deposit is received within the ten days prior to the start of your event, the reservation is no longer valid and will be canceled. Although the deposit is non-refundable, the deposit may be transferred to a future reservation if the event is cancelled or rescheduled at least five business days before the original event start date. Corner Pocket Reservations are not finalized until a contract has been signed with the Office of University Events. Before we can provide a final confirmation for your reservation, please visit this link to learn more about the contracting process, insurance requirements etc for booking the Corner Pocket and other Student Center spaces, or classrooms at George Mason University. The purchase of insurance is required for all external reservations. Please note the following policies as it relates to your reservation: Reservation Deposit: External organizations or Mason Affiliates booking the Corner Pocket for an event are required to pay a non-refundable deposit. A reservation deposit in the amount 25% of the total rental invoice due fourteen business days prior to the start of your event. On the day of your event, the final amount on your invoice is due prior to the start of your event. If no deposit is received within the fourteen days prior to the start of your event, the reservation is no longer valid and will be canceled.
Early Opening & Late Closing FeesAll early openings and late closings require special approval. There are special fees for opening and closing the facilities/venues beyond regular hours of operation for organizations. Organizations will be charged $150 for the 1st hour (or partial hour) and $50 for each additional half hour or increment thereof for any scheduled early opening and late closing. * If an organization made a reservation for three hours, but the requester would like to set up for the event an hour early, then the cost will be upgraded to a four-hour reservation.
Cancellation and “No Show” Procedure
- External users who cancel reservations in the Corner Pocket, Side Pocket, or Patio reservation should refer to their contract agreement.
- Events reserved by internal organizations in the Corner Pocket, Side Pocket, or Patio must be cancelled at least one business day in advance of the event start time in order to avoid a fee. Events cancelled with less than one business days’ notice will incur a late cancellation fee of $75.
- If the group is a “no show*,” a fee of $100 for Corner Pocket space and $30 for Side Pocket/Patio space will be assessed.
- Events clearly labeled as “Rain Location” in 25Live will not be charged any fees if the client ends up not needing the rain location site. This will not be considered a “no show.”
- If you reserve several spaces for your event and do not use any one of your assigned spaces, you will be charged a “no show” fee for each space not utilized during your event. Be sure to release any spaces you will not need at least one business day in advance of your event start time in order to avoid a fee.
- RSOs will receive email notification of a cancellation or “no show” infraction within three business days of the offense. Once notification has been sent, RSOs have three business days to remit payment for the fine (see below for payment instructions). If payment is not received within three business days of the email notification, the RSO in question will not be able to make any new reservations until payment has been received.
- Payment can be made in the Corner Pocket (Hub mid-level) or the Student Centers administrative office (Johnson Center room 324).
Reserving the Side Pocket for Mason Departments and Student Organizations
- During your event in Side Pocket, a Corner Pocket Recreation Assistant will be staffed at our main desk to provide general support and assistance.
- For safety and liability reasons and for care of our space, renters of the space will not be allowed to move furniture or gain access to our storage spaces. Please seek assistance from a Recreation Assistant.
Damages and Cleaning Fee NoticeWe are excited you have chosen Corner Pocket to host your event. As a Mason student organization, department, or visitor renting the Corner Pocket Game Room, Side Pocket, or Patio spaces, please know it is important to please help us keep our space clean and equipment working in proper order. Fees may be incurred to an organization/department for excessive cleaning or damage to the space and equipment. Before your event ends please communicate with a Recreation Assistant or Supervisor on duty to avoid receiving any additional penalty fees. Failure to leave the Corner Pocket Game Room, Side Pocket Lounge, or Patio areas in a clean and orderly manner will result in a cleaning fine up to $50. Damages will be assessed and billed appropriately based on market rates. [expand title=”READ MORE”]
|Broken Equipment Fees|
|Billiards Cue Tip||$5|
|Corn Hole Board||$100|
|Corn Hole Sandbag||$5|
|Table Tennis Paddle||$15|
|Table Tennis Ball||$0.25|
|Video Game Disc||$30|