Banners are a great, compelling way for internal organizations to promote themselves to the Mason Community. Banners hang in the Student Centers buildings and allow students and other visitors in the buildings to learn about these organizations at a glance.
- Student organizations and Mason departments may reserve up to 28 days per banner per semester. Once a single banner has hung for a total of 28 days in a semester, it cannot be repeated and hung again. The organization may submit a different banner to hang for another 28 days if the limit has been reached.
Who May Reserve Banners?
- All Mason Departments and Registered Student Organizations may reserve banner spaces (interior or exterior) at the Johnson Center, Student Union I, The Hub and Southside. Due to the extremely limited number of spaces, External Organizations and individuals are not able to reserve banner spaces.
Banner Locations and Dimensions
- Johnson Center interior pole banners located in the Atrium and Ground Floor.
- Student Union I exterior rail banners.
- Student Union 1 interior banners in the Patriot Lounge.
- The Hub interior and exterior banners.
- Southside interior and exterior banners.
- Johnson Center interior rail banner (special conditions apply. See A.3.e).
- To coordinate banners to be posted on the Johnson Center Plazas, contact Facilities Management Customer Service at 703.993.2525.
- To coordinate decorating the George Mason Statue please fill out the form on the University Life website (ulife.gmu.edu) or contact University Life Central at 703.993.2884
General Banner Terms and Conditions
- Mason departments and Registered Student Organizations should complete the Banner Request Form found at http://studentcenters.gmu.edu at least 5 business days before the desired reservation date. Availability of space is not guaranteed. Reservations are based on availability of unreserved space.
- Pole banners must be made of vinyl unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative.
- Approved banners dimensions vary depending upon location, shown in the table below:
- The name of the sponsoring organization or department must appear on the banner.
- All reserved banner spaces must be used to promote one or more of the following: school spirit, campus-wide events, academics, or campus services. Consideration for approval will be given by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative and may require additional time.
- All banners are hung up and taken down on Sunday afternoons by Student Centers staff unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative.
- Organizations may reserve a banner for up to 28 days per semester.
- Banners must be brought to the Student Center Administrative Office in Johnson Center 324 no later than 3pm on the Friday before your reservation start date. Not adhering to these procedures may result in a delay in posting of the banner.
- It is the responsibility of the organization or department to pick up the banner after being notified that it is ready by Student Centers staff. Banners not picked up after the semester will be discarded.
- Student Centers is not held responsible for damages, lost or stolen banners while posted.
|Johnson Center Pole Banners||Vertical||Must be 30″ wide by 60″ tall||2.5″ open seam on top and bottom or Grommets on all 4 corners|
|Johnson Center Rail Banners||Horizontal||Max 8’-15′ wide by 3’-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|
|SUB 1 Exterior and Hub Interior||Horizontal||Max 5.5’-8’ wide by 3-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|
|Hub Front Façade & Southside Rails||Horizontal||Max 8’-12’ wide by 3’-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|