The Student Centers are environments within the university where the Mason community comes to relax, engage, refuel, contemplate, and rejuvenate. The offices housed within our buildings provide the resources necessary for students to succeed in bringing the Mason Idea to life.
As a department we encourage:
- Bringing together a multitude of people and ideas
- Questioning current thinking and trying new ideas
- Putting ideas into action
- An open and welcoming community
We are looking for a team of dynamic students to develop, support, and enhance these environments through a variety of different staff positions.
Benefits of working for the Student Centers include the opportunity to:
- Shape the quality of student life on campus
- Develop important skills and knowledge
- Engage in personal and professional training
- Network with faculty, staff, students, and visitors from different backgrounds and cultures
- Have flexible scheduling to support academic responsibilities
- Earn income to fund your educational goals and college experience
- Play games at the Corner Pocket for free!
- A positive attitude and innovative spirit
- A desire to give back to the Mason Community and leave the university better than you found it
- An interest in learning and growing from the experience personally and professionally
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly
- Maintain good academic and discipline standing (minimum GPA requirement cumulative is 2.0)
- At least two semesters of work eligibility is preferred
Students interested in applying for a position with Student Centers should submit a resume and cover letter and be prepared to participate in a professional interview. Students can submit their application in a couple of different ways:
- HireMason: All current student staff searches will be posted on HireMason, which can be found in the upper right hand corner of the Careers link (careers.gmu.edu) website.
- You may also visit the administrative office in Johnson Center, Room 324.
- For Events Production student employment, please click here.