Lockers allow students and faculty to keep their items safe as they attend classes, visit with friends, and eat.
Currently enrolled GMU students and faculty may rent lockers for a semester-long period and either return their locker at the end of their rental period or renew it for an additional semester.
If you have questions about the locker rental process or have a problem with your locker, contact Student Centers at (703) 993-2921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Ways to Rent a Locker:
1. Use the Online Rental System
Visit our new online rental system, LockerGM, to rent your locker. Students and faculty must use their mason email address as their username to register, but another email address may be used to receive email alerts.
Renting online is the fastest and easiest rental method and can be done on a computer, tablet, or smart phone!
Please view our LockerGM tutorial for instructions and help using LockerGM.
2. Rent in person
Prefer to reserve your locker in person? Come by Johnson Center 324 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to rent your locker in person. Students and faculty who rent their locker in person must present their Mason ID in order to rent a locker.
Locker Rates & Payment Methods:
- Top lockers in the Johnson Center are $30 per semester.
- Bottom lockers in the Johnson Center are $20 per semester.
- All lockers in Robinson B are $30 per semester.
Students can pay for their locker through LockerGM by credit card only.
Students who purchase their locker in person in the administrative office can pay by cash, check, credit card, or Mason Money. Please note that the LockerGM system as well as the main administrative office only accept Visa and Mastercard and do NOT accept American Express or Discover.
Student Centers rents lockers on the first and ground floors of the Johnson Center, as well as the first floor of Robinson B. Click below for maps:
End of Semester/Renewal Process
- Students and faculty who do not renew their locker must empty their locker of all items no later than five business days after the date listed on their locker rental receipt. After that date, Student Centers staff check the lockers for damage, collect any items left inside, and change the locker combinations of any lockers that have not been renewed.
- Students and faculty must renew their locker no later than 5 business days prior to the end of their rental period. Lockers can be renewed either through Locker GM or in person. For instructions on how to operate LockerGM, click here.
- Students and faculty must pay the aforementioned fee to renew their locker for the following semester.
- Students and faculty who renew their locker keep the same combination and maintain access to their locker through to the end of the following semester.
Retrieving Items Left Inside Lockers
- If you leave items in your locker after your rental period ends, bring your Mason ID to the Student Centers administrative office (Johnson Center room 324) and give your locker number and a description of the items left inside your locker to the office staff. They will contact you when your items are available in the office to be picked up.
- You MUST come to the office in person with your Mason ID to retrieve your items. Student Centers cannot take requests to retrieve lost items over the phone or without a Mason ID.
- For health reasons, Student Centers staff cannot keep any clothing or food items left inside un-renewed lockers at the end of the semester and these items will be discarded immediately if found.
- Student Centers will keep locker items in storage for a maximum of 30 days into the next academic semester before discarding the items. After the 30 day holding period, some items may be delivered to the University Police lost and found if they are estimated to be of high value (such as wallets or jewelry). Once an item has been turned over to University Police, the owner should contact University Police directly at (703) 993-2810 to retrieve it.
Operating the Combination Lock
- Student Centers lockers use a secure combination lock. Combinations will be given to students upon purchase of a locker, and the combinations for all unreserved lockers are changed every semester. To open your locker…
- Spin the combination lock a few times to the left and right to clear it.
- Spin the combination to the right to your first number.
- Spin the combination to the left and pass your first number before stopping on your second number.
- Spin the combination to the right to your third number.
- Pull the lever toward you to open your locker.
General Locker Terms & Conditions
- Students and faculty may share lockers, but ONLY the person to whom the locker is assigned can come to the office and get a copy of their combination, retrieve items left inside the locker, and get other locker assistance. Students can only request assistance for lockers registered in their name. Student Centers recommends that to best ensure the security of your locker and locker contents, you only use the locker for yourself and do not share the combination with anyone.
- No refunds can be given for locker purchases, even if a student leaves Mason before the end of his or her rental period.
- Once a locker is purchased, it cannot be exchanged for another unless the purchased locker is malfunctioning. If you find that the locker you purchased is malfunctioning, contact Student Centers as soon as possible so that we may get the issue resolved quickly.
- Students and faculty can purchase more than one locker per semester if they wish, but each locker will cost the respective fee listed above, even if purchased at the same time and/or within the same semester.
- Student Centers will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of locker contents while inside of a reserved locker. This includes items damaged or lost due to break-ins or theft. Valuables left in your locker are left at your own risk. To better ensure the security of your items, do not share your combination with anyone.
- No illegal substances, weapons, or other prohibited, offensive, or dangerous materials are to be placed in lockers. Given reasonable cause, Student Centers reserves the right to open and inspect lockers without notice to the student.
- Any item not secured in a locker may be discarded by Student Centers staff or delivered to the University Police lost and found. This includes any items left unsecured on top of or beside lockers or anywhere in the locker room.
- Damage to the lock or locker during your rental period will result in the loss of future locker privileges.
- Please bring any locker problems to the attention of Student Centers immediately by emailing email@example.com or calling (703) 993-2921.
- Failure to abide by these conditions will result in the loss of locker privileges without refund of fees.