Easels allow Mason organizations and departments to advertise their events or their organization as a whole within the Student Centers buildings. Organizations can decorate an easel how they want – either by placing a poster or flyer of their own or by drawing on the easel’s whiteboard surface.
If you’ve had an easel reservation before, click the button below to submit an easel reservation request. If you’re new to the easel reservation process, please take a moment to carefully read the policies below before submitting a reservation request.
If you have questions about easels, contact the Student Centers office at (703) 993-2921 or email@example.com.
Who May Reserve Easels?
- All Mason Departments and Recognized Student Organizations may reserve easels at the Johnson Center, SUB I, or The Hub (see table below).
- Due to the extremely limited number of spaces, External Organizations and individuals are not able to reserve easels.
|Johnson Center||A||Atrium NW entrance – between Bookstore and Apple FCU Bank|
|Johnson Center||B||Atrium NE entrance – between Bookstore and Panera|
|Johnson Center||C||Atrium West entrance – next to elevators|
|Johnson Center||D||Atrium East entrance – next to elevators|
|Johnson Center||E||Atrium south stairs (to ground floor)|
|Johnson Center||F||Ground floor – next to stairs|
|Student Union 1||A||2nd floor – Patriot’s Lounge|
|Student Union 1||B||1st floor – food court|
|The Hub||C||Lower level|
|The Hub||A||Middle level – near Student Involvement|
|The Hub||B||Upper level – next to stairs|
Easel Terms and Conditions
- All recognized Student Organizations or Mason Departments may reserve up to three easels for no more than two consecutive days at a time for up to 20 days per semester
- Organizations should submit a completed Easel Reservation Request to Student Centers at least 2 business days before the first desired reservation date.
- All easels are set up and taken down by Student Centers staff.
- Easels MUST remain in the designated area and may not be moved.
- Content on easel must comply with all Mason, Virginia and local policies and laws. Click here to review these policies.
- Content on easels cannot include alcohol prices, promotion of drinking, pornography, discrimination, or potential dangers.
- Student Centers cannot be held responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen materials while posted on reserved easels or for materials not retrieved by organizations at their reservation end date/time.
- Easels, if not occupied within 1 hour of the reservation start time, may be taken down by Student Centers staff or reserved by another Mason organization through the normal reservation process.
- Contents of easel must be removed by the organization no later than two hours after the reservation end time or contents may be discarded.