Banners are a great, compelling way for internal organizations to promote themselves to the Mason Community. Banners hang in the Student Centers buildings and allow students and other visitors in the buildings to learn about these organizations at a glance.
If you’ve had a banner reservation before, click the button below to submit a banner reservation request.
If you are new to the banner reservation process, please take a moment to carefully read the policies below before submitting a reservation request.
If you have questions about banners, please contact the Student Centers office at 703-993-2921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who May Reserve Banners?
- All Mason Departments and Registered Student Organizations may reserve banner spaces (interior or exterior) at the Johnson Center, Student Union I, The Hub and Southside.
- Due to the extremely limited number of spaces, External Organizations and individuals are not able to reserve banner spaces.
Banner Locations and Dimensions
|Johnson Center Pole Banners||Vertical||30″ wide by 60″ tall||2.5″ open seam on top and bottom or Grommets on all 4 corners|
|Johnson Center Rail Banners||Horizontal||8’-15′ wide by 3’-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|
|SUB 1 Exterior and Hub Interior||Horizontal||5.5’-8’ wide by 3-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|
|Hub Front Façade & Southside Rails||Horizontal||8’-12’ wide by 3’-3.5’ tall||Grommets at top every 2’ apart|
Banner Terms and Conditions
- Internal Organizations may reserve up to 4 weeks of banner reservations per semester.
- Mason departments and Recognized Student Organizations should submit the banner reservation form at least 2 business days before the desired reservation date. Availability of space is not guaranteed. Reservations are based on availability of unreserved space.
- All banners are hung up and taken down on Sundays by Student Centers staff unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative.
- Banners must be brought to the Student Center Administrative Office in Johnson Center 324 during business hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) before their reservation start date. Not adhering to these procedures may result in a delay in posting of the banner.
- Banners must be made of vinyl unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative.
- Pole banners must be two-sided. If an organization submits a one-sided pole banner to Student Centers, it cannot be hung and will be returned to the organization.
- Approved banner dimensions vary depending upon location (see chart above). If an organization’s banner does not fit within the designated dimensions for the respective location, Student Centers cannot hang the banner.
- The name of the sponsoring organization or department as well as contact information (website, phone number, etc.) must appear on the banner.
- If an organization would like to reserve an atrium railing of the Johnson Center, approval must be given by the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative. Johnson Center railings may only be used for banners that promote school spirit or campus-wide events, which are considered University traditions. Please allow additional time for your rail banner request to be processed. Organizations that request a Johnson Center rail banner reservation can submit a picture of their banner using the “banner template” field on the reservation form or by sending it via email to email@example.com. The Director of Student Centers must receive a photo of the rail banner in order to approve it.
- It is the responsibility of the organization or department to pick up its banner by 4pm on the Tuesday after its reservation end date. Student Centers cannot be held responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen banners either for posted banners or banners not picked up by the reserving organization or department by the Tuesday after the reservation end date.
- All posters or flyers mounted on stakes placed in the ground around the Johnson Center, Student Union I, The Hub and Southside must be processed and approved by the Office of University Events to ensure underground utility lines are not damaged and specifications are met. For more information, contact the Office of University Events at (703) 993-2853.
- To coordinate banners to be posted on the Johnson Center Plazas, contact Facilities Management Customer Service at (703) 993-2525.